Thursday, June 26, 2014

We Swore Off Biking

I must admit, I had a little chaffing from yesterday's ride and wasn't too thrilled about getting back on a bike. Luckily today was kayaking day. We drove an hour to Horseshoe Creek. And met Ralph who took us on a personal tour. Just beautiful! Ralph was a great guide. He literally wrote THE book on kayaking in Charleston.



We did about 2.5 miles in the kayak. All my rowing didn't help a bit. So much more shoulder action to kayaking! But it was cool in the shade and not a bug to bother us but dragon flies. 

Amelia took better pictures than I did. She had the Lumix. She likes selfies. 



Since we had to get up so early for the trip, everybody took a nap in the afternoon. I used the jetted tub in Granny's bathroom for a nice relaxing bath. 

In the evening we tried a photo shoot on the beach. I forgot about the condensation problem in humid areas so we had some technical difficulties. I can't show you my shots because I didn't bring that camera cord. But here's one I took on Amelia's phone. They might be the better pictures! 


You might be wondering about the balloons. On our way back from kayaking, I stopped for the balloons. I thought they would be a nice prop. I probably didn't need to get helium filled ones since the wind blew them around so much. We lost two in the wind. A storm was brewing, you can see it in the back right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment